Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Karazhan, try 1

For those about to solo Karazhan, we salute you.

Well, not really. It's quite a feat though. It's been done by paladins (no shit Sherlock), and Death Knights. The reason is that both classes are powerhouses for soloing in disguise. Paladins with their never-ending mana and hybrid spells that range from utility, damage, control, threat and ofc healing. And Death Knights because they're plainly overpowered as it is, and got a nifty self-heal that's more than enough for old content. We hunters, on the other hand, cannot heal ourselves. We can heal our pets, but what does that do if I get damaged. That's why Shade of Aran is kind of impossible (unless you're gearing for 300+ resistances.

That's what I learned today while attempting some solo stuff. Trash is most often easily doable. My Gorilladin didn't even take much damage, especially the ghost packs in the Library are a cake.

I've done 3 tries on Curator and just found out he's not doable either unless you get yourself an awesome resist gear. The only situation I didn't try (because I don't have SO much money) is that I'd go for pure dps spec and have Gorilladin as tank and tanking glyphs. In this case I might be able to insta-shot (Explosive Shot, Multi-Shot, Aimed Shot) Astral Flares fast enough to kill them before they get in 10 yards or so when they start to damage you. And still there's that insta damage that he does every 20 seconds or so, I forgot. That still deals some damage on lvl 80.

So, .... that's basically it. I'll probably do upper Karazhan with paladin friend, shouldn't be a problem at all. Attumen, on the other hand, is I'm sure totally soloable. Which means a slight chance for the mount. Oh, I also almost soloed Big Bad Wolf last week. It's so easy, it's definately 100% soloable. The only problem is that it's 1/3 of a chance. But then again, other events might also be soloable, although I have doubts.

So until next time, /wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment