Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Inconvenience

As always, Wednesday means server and instance reset. That basically means we got to kill all bosses again, and grab all the new shinies by the way. Since we're still in race for some realm trophies, we're not really doing any hard modes, which means Wednesday's basically "on farm". That means lots of bosses and drops and not much progress work.

The thing with that, however, is, that at the time we started making a raid group there were 37 guild members online. Obviously, everybody wants easy epics, so even most casuals come online. I must say that it's not a bad thing so many people are online, but the fact that when we come to progress days we can barely scrap up a whole 25-man raid group isn't encouraging in light of this. As usual, you can see who wants progress and fun and who wants epics.

Still, I've luckily got an invite. I guess Raider status does have its privileges. We go in, steamroll (literally!) Flame Leviathan, and carry on. Next's XT 002 Deconstructor, where I die in first minutes! Obviously it was my mistake, since I never heard any real strategy for this dude I assumed that if I get a bomb (and a huge skull above my head!) logically I'd run away from others as far as I can. That's not really the case here, so all I did was outrange our healers so they couldn't fetch me a heal and save my life. You can imagine I didn't feel I deserved the staff the boss dropped, the best-in-slot melee weapon for hunters at the moment. Still, we got no feral druids and our other hunter already has the weapon, so it was still self-explanatory I wishlisted (frankly, I screwed up here as well - read on) the item.

We left Razorscale and Ignis for later lulz, and proceeded into Antechamber of Ulduar, where we left Iron Council and went for Kalagorn. Where we had 1 (or 2?) wipes, trying to beat the hard mode, and actually not missing it by far on our last attempt. Doesn't seem too bad for hard mode to be honest, we should be able to do this once we get a bit more practice and gear. Now here comes the "inconvenience" part. He drops the gun. Obviously it's expected hunters need on this. Frankly, I didn't.

Reasons are 2: firstly, I hate guns. With all my heart. Now if I was playing a dwarf, I'd hate it, but dwarfs at least look cool with a huge boomstick in their hands, but night elves... just no. Also, gun shooting sound is the most annoying sound in WoW (besides Screech, that is!). There actually exists addon called "Gun Silencer" and all it does is it mutes your gun firing animation.
Second reason is the fact I was still hoping I'd get the bow on next boss (seriously Blizz, good thinking, 2 bosses in a row that drop hunter ranged weapon), called Siren's Cry and is best-in-slot at the moment.

Our other hunter, on the other hand, did need on the item (no hard feelings for that, since it'd probably go to some melee class otherwise, and the fact is that it IS an upgrade, gun or not), and of course got it.

We proceed on the next bad lady in row, Auriyana. Guess what drops! Siren's Cry. Now here comes the weird part. As you know I'm new to this guild. So when raid leader says whisper for the bow, I whisper "mainspec". Nobody told me I have to whisper "wishlist" if I have that item on wishlist, which I have. So other hunter gets the bow instantly, while I go like wtf. Luckily, he agrees that we roll for it after I explain my situation on ventrilo. I roll higher and win.

So now I'm here, waiting for GM to contact me, which will probably have to wait until evening. The other hunter made a ticket and that's it for now. We then proceeded to kill couple more bosses eventually, but this was one hell of a stressful raid. Now say epics don't give headaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment