Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Promotion!

I finally got promoted to Raider status yesterday. Since joining the guild on Monday, 2 weeks ago, I've been attending raids like crazy, regularly lurking in-game and trying to prove myself worthy of a true FTW member. I finally got rewarded yesterday, although I'm a bit sceptic how long will I be able to have the Raider status, since off-game matters will soon take even more time. I might have to consider taking the Casual status for the time being.

No matter though, now it's Ulduar clearing time, and we're still in race to get the 2nd realm kill of Yogg-Saron (basically Ulduar final boss, although there is one more coming later).

Still, getting the Raider status was kind of relief to me. Through all 2 weeks I've been attending raids, even the ones from 1 to 4 a.m., those being 10-mans because that was the only place I had a chance of getting some items. And the thing is, I'm far from being loot-whore, but I got "horrible" gear when I joined the guild, at least for FTW standards. I was doing content suited for T7.5 with some wannabe T7 gear. Ulduar 10-man did deliver quite some upgrades though, so I'm really grateful guys in FTW realized I could really use that stuff and give me some of it even if I was still a Trial.

Now there's a whole new story though. As pointed out earlier, I'm not at all a loot-whore, but passing all kinds of items from actual Tier Tokens to normal heroic Ulduar drops to enhancement shamans, or our other hunter, being very "slight" upgrades for them, while I was wearing blue leggings from level 77 instance!

I understand the situation very well though, being in leadership of a guild for like a year, it's first rule of business. Give it to trial only in case it'd get DE'd otherwise. You just get so many ninjaers nowadays that abuse your system, grab the loot and leave with everything but nice words. To be honest now that I think of it, that actually proves that guild is serious and stable if they do consider trial seriously and promote only when they're certain.

As for me, there's no need for them to worry about me. I got my real life friends there, and that's gonna be enough for quite some time. Especially if we plan to do a new guild site with one of them, but it's still mostly an idea though.

Tonight is Ulduar from scratch again, and first time as Raider! I must say I will be more firm considering I have some chance for upgrades. Plus, if not else we'll get plenty of Emblems!

Over and out until next reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment